Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Where to buy faux fur gilets?

I have always wanted one but have never bought one.  I can’t see where I would wear one in my daily life  - It’s a bit much for the school run but perhaps I could squeeze wearing one in when I see my girlfriends for lunch or out shopping for the day with my Mum?  Instead of ‘thinking’ about it perhaps I should just go and buy one and wear it with the attitude of ‘nothing is for best’ – I use 90% of my wardrobe with this attitude (the other 10% is truly full of strictly going out clothes and evening dresses.  Sorry that made me laugh writing that because you’re now all thinking I have a wardrobe full of evening gowns?!!!  I have 2 little black dresses, a jade green wrap silk evening dress and a cerise pink dress I wore for a wedding reception!)

I was recently inspired by JackieS on Avenue 57 because she looked amazing in her H&M one last month – don’t you think?  I also think that Jackie looks better than Lana Del Ray (who I love by the way!)


So after searching on the internet I've found these beauties – seems they’re ‘in’ this season (or have then never been out or in?).  If I am a good girl, do you think Father Christmas will bring me one?













So do you own one?  Go on, make me jealous and post your look on Avenue 57 today .. actually don't because I might cry!

Fiona
xoxo

10 comments :

  1. I have a French Connection cream one I got in the sale for £60 from £110 last January. I love them but find them hard to wear as it feels too cold now to just have your arms in a shirt or long sleeve top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have hit the nail on the head with when to wear. I have 2 other gilets that I LOVE but I never wear them because if it's warm enough I don't wear a coat and if it's that cold then I wear a coat .... I suspect this lovely fur number would be hung up redundantly.

    I shall await the sales or a kind husband to buy for Christmas and see .. they are just so gorgeous though, I really do love them!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funnily enough I was eyeing one of these up today. It was being worn by a Mum and a parenting group and she looked fantastic. She had the sort that doesn't zip up and instead had a collar which tumbles open and down. The only places that would benefit from seeing them now are indoor events - so yes, coffee shops and groups/clubs. I guess Autumn would have been a better time for them as you could have worn them outside. My Mum is a huge fan of gilets, keeps one on indoors most of the time. Far sexier than a body warmer! Fingers crossed for your Christmas list. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mummyratesit .. I think you might be right in that it's an indoor layer not and outside coat sub ... hadn't thought of it like that before (silly me!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the H&M one Jackie is wearing. I placed an order with them last night and am now wondering if I can add to the order!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @garlinder - I'm not sure you can add to an order but you must place another order!!!!!!!! She has made it look totally wearable hasn't she - I would NOT have looked twice at this when looking online!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fur gilets but only on others. I did buy one last year but ended up returning it, as I was convinced I looked like a Viking warrior!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL @theflakyfashionista - I think that thought has crossed my mind before - I would like Viki the Viking - do you remember that cute cartoon from MANY years ago?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Be still my beating heart - I LOVE the Next one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL @poppysstyle! Isn't it GORGEOUS?

    ReplyDelete