Have had a really fantastic weekend after a long hard week at work (hence no blog update since last Tuesday).
I broke the spending ban PROPERLY this time and all for the sake of a £2 pair of Kurt Geiger trainers. The story in simple numbered bullet points goes like this:
- TK Maxx sent me a promo 'we have a sale' email
- I ignore it - I am on a spending ban
- TK Maxx send me another promo 'we have even bigger discounts now' email
- I'm bored at work so think it would be ok just to look
- SUCKED RIGHT IN and saw these (they were £39.99 when I fell in love last week) and bought them as I have a £20 TK Maxx giftcard from the BritMums Live Conference last month. Gift card was not accepted online so I figured I'd take them to my local store for a refund - £39.99 and then buy back there and then again WITH my gift card.
- Started to write about them on Avenue 57 and went to get the link for a show and tell and nearly fell over backwards, they were now ONLY £22 so with the gift card that means £2! So I ordered them AGAIN and now am awaiting their delivery next week.
- I will return in-store the ones that arrived on Friday
- I will wait for the £22 ones to arrive on Tuesday
- I will take back in-store the new £22 ones and then buy back IMMEDIATELY using my gift card - RESULT!
I'm exhausted just typing that so if you lost interest on bullet point 4 I understand!
What have I been wearing? I am now 38 days into my 100 day no repeat style challenge and going so strong - I do reckon I will pass 100 days with flying colours and then I shall just see what it takes to not repeat an outfit and for how long after the 100 days I can do it ....
Dress on left - Debenhams (ancient)
Shoes - Faith (even older)
Top on right - one of mine from the shop
Jeans - Debenhams (VERY old)
Shoes - Somewhere in Tenerife years ago
Dress - H&M (old)
Shoes - Deichmann (old)
Necklace - one of mine from the shop
Dress - ME+EM currently in the sale
Sandals - Next
Went to see Daniel Radcliffe in The Cripple of Inishmaan - it was urm well it was ok! Best thing was boozy lunch with best friend before hand - we drank so much we nearly missed the start of the play and it was so hot that we both nodded off!
I'll make every apology now for not blogging much, the boys have broken up from school, I have the day job to juggle with the boys but I will try and get back to normal service as soon as possible.
Anyone else like a pig in poo with the weather?